One of the most commonly asked questions as an instructor of Stroller Strides is, " How will I be able to keep my child entertained in the stroller??"
Well, aside from the songs & stimulation each child normally gets from a class without having stroller activities, there are TONS of different things we can bring or make for our little ones to keep them entertained while you get in a great workout!!
Below, is a list of some of the fun activities I found that have worked with my little one and a link or directions for each activity.
1. Snacks & Drinks- Use small containers that will fit in the stroller cup holders or tray and bring a small variety so your little one never gets bored!!
2. Corn Shaker Bottles - Join us for Playgroup on 11/7 & we'll show you how!!!
3. Sensory Bags & Bottles - Bottle: Use water or Rice as your base & fill with small figurines/beads/clips or anything your child loves!! Bags- Use a sandwich style bag and fill with paint/shaving cream/ cooked pastas/ water beads & more...the possibilities are endless)
4. Video on Phone or Portable Kids DVD player (if they only watch TV for 60 minutes a day, why not let it be during Stroller Strides :)
5. Bubbles or Bubble Wrap
6. Busy Boards- purchase from Etsy or DIY (Use thin wood board/locks/switches/wood figures/etc.) or https://www.etsy.com/ru/FoxFamilyBoutique/listing/522852663/toy-for-travel-travel-busy-board-toy-for?ref=related-2
7. Coloring activity or Drawing Board
8. Toddler Fidget Cubes - (Either Purchase off Etsy or DIY at home) https://www.etsy.com/listing/533183402/toddler-fidget-cubes-set-travel-sensory?ref=related-4
9. Homemade Abacus- http://tonsoffunpreschoolactivities.blogspot.com/2011/10/math-board.html?showComment=1318465667722#c2305828902654133099
10. Pipe Cleaner Game - http://www.imperfecthomemaker.com/2012/02/15-self-directed-activities-for.html
Give these a try and we will see you at the next Stroller Strides!!!