Let’s be honest. We are all Mom’s here and Self Care is not usually something we see as a priority when it comes to taking care of our families and kids. But it should be!! Self Care looks a little different for every person and budget. So here are some cost saving and splurge ideas for your next Self Care Session!!! Because well YOU deserve every moment of it!!
Who doesn’t like FREE!!
1. Take a Bath: Grab your loofa and let that hot bath water fill the tub as you take some time for you. Whether you use the bath bomb you were gifted for Christmas or put in some Epsom Salt and Essential Oils you have around the house, this bath is a time out for Momma. Bring in some soft music, a candle or a good book and R-E-L-A-X.
2. Meditate or Pray: As a woman of faith and a Mom to a toddler, I find it hard sometimes to get some quiet time in to just reflect and pray. But there is just so much to be grateful for in life, that even if I take 5 minutes out of my day to just sit in silence, read a scripture, say a prayer or mantra, it refuels my soul and prepares me for what the day has in store.
The Frugal Mama!!
1. Face Mask: Give yourself a facemask treatment in your hot and steamy bathroom. Lock the door and turn up the tunes. Now that Target is on every corner and has a variety of affordable skincare products, this is an easy one to do!! You can find a face mask for as little as $3 and maybe even a bottle of wine for $6 J J J
2. Read a Book: There are so many options for diving into a good book these days. Whether, it’s on your kindle or a nice paperback book, grab one and set some time aside to get reading. Fueling your mind is just as important as fueling your body and spirit. Even if you care out a special time each day (Before the kids wake up, after the kids go to bed, nap time or when your amazing husband is home and watches the kids for you!!) a little bit of time each day goes a long way!!
1. Date Night: Yes! This one includes your spouse. I mean what better feeling do you get than getting all dolled up for the one you love?!?! So strap on those heels, put on your makeup and do that hair because Daddy is taking Mama out!! Call a sitter, friend or family member to watch the kiddos and take your time J Enjoy a nice meal without little fingers in your plate, worrying about cutting up someone else’s food or getting your phone out because you know your time is limited!!!
2. Shopping: I am a Mom who loves to shop. But I also love to just shop for my family and home. So put some money aside and buy that item that you know you’ve looked at more than once and splurge. You deserve it Mama, you work hard and sometimes you deserve a treat!!
There are so many amazing ways to incorporate Self Care into your daily life. So if you are looking for something more, take a look at the list below!! And TAKE CARE OF YOU!!!!
Self Care Ideas
· Take a FIT4MOM Class.
· Go for a walk.
· Drink plenty of water.
· Spend some time with animals.
· Get at least 8 hours of sleep per night.
· Do some breathing exercises.
· Take a social media break.
· Call a loved one.
· Take a nap.
· Write a list of things you are grateful for.
· Start a journal.
· Declutter your home.
· Make a playlist.
· Help someone out.
· Get an early night.
· Give yourself a manicure.
· Think positive thoughts for a whole day.
· Do small repairs in your home.
· Cook your favorite meal.
· Work in your garden.
· Watch a feel good film.
· Wear your comfiest clothes.
· Visit a museum.
· Write down everything that makes you happy.
· Repeat some daily affirmations.
· Let go of the things that are bothering you.
· Make a new friend.
· Face one of your fears.
· Put on some crazy music and have a dance party.
· Print off some free adult coloring pages.
· Have a hot drink.
· Soak your feet
· Look at the stars.
· Nurture your plants.
· Watch the sunset.
· Go for a bike ride.
· Write down your goals.
· Sing in the shower.
· Watch a funny video online.
· Practice forgiveness.
· Do some stretches.
· Look at old photos.
· Do some voluntary work.
· Surround yourself with loved ones.